[simpits-tech] Looking for some sounds... WAIT A MINUTE

Alan D. Mazurka simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:32:32 -0400

--=====================_2047557==_.ALT

hi,

sounds triggering devices......

this is amazingly close to Disney's original "audio-animatronics".

it was done waaaaaay before digital took hold, and there were zero
computers involved. the characters actions were played back on reel tape
which contained audio tones - hence the term "audio-animatronics".

the tones were picked apart with filters, and were used to actuate either
simple on-off devices, or more complicated analog-type devices.

these were scrapped long ago, once computers (and digital controls) became
commonplace.

i saw the originals at the G.E. pavilion at the 1965 world's fair, and it
still sticks in my mind today.

  - adm -

At 10:59 PM 10/15/02 +0200, you wrote:

>The ultimate solution I had in mind was to use the triggers in a more coded
>form. For example 3 consecutive triangular waves at 20Hz would trigger one
>effect and 4 square waves at 25Hz would trigger another.... Don't know if
>this is do-able but the more limited possibilities of the sound to light
>convertor would be a welcome addition otherwise!
>
>Chris "SpeedOne" Van Lierop

----------

Alan D. Mazurka                    Webspace Design & Implementation
adm.design@verizon.net

--=====================_2047557==_.ALT

hi,<br><br>
sounds triggering devices......<br><br>
this is amazingly close to Disney's original
&quot;audio-animatronics&quot;.<br><br>
it was done waaaaaay before digital took hold, and there were zero
computers involved. the characters actions were played back on reel tape
which contained audio tones - hence the term
the tones were picked apart with filters, and were used to actuate either
simple on-off devices, or more complicated analog-type devices.<br><br>
these were scrapped long ago, once computers (and digital controls)
became commonplace.<br><br>
i saw the originals at the G.E. pavilion at the 1965 world's fair, and it
still sticks in my mind today.<br><br>
&nbsp;- adm -<br><br>
At 10:59 PM 10/15/02 +0200, you wrote:<br><br>
was to use the triggers in a more coded<br>
form. For example 3 consecutive triangular waves at 20Hz would trigger
one<br>
effect and 4 square waves at 25Hz would trigger another.... Don't know
if<br>
this is do-able but the more limited possibilities of the sound to
light<br>
convertor would be a welcome addition otherwise!<br><br>
Chris &quot;SpeedOne&quot; Van Lierop<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
<hr>
Alan D.
Mazurka&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Webspace Design &amp; Implementation<br>
adm.design@verizon.net&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>