[simpits-tech] Looking for some sounds...

Chris "SpeedOne" Van Lierop simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 22:59:41 +0200

Hi,

> To insert the sub-audible triggers should be possible with the help of a
> music editing program. If you know of any recording studio in your area
ask
> them.

The sound "editing" is absolutely no problem for me. I consider myself a
semi-expert after about 12 years of working with soundsamples and music
editing on "Amiga's" and PC's. I have much experience with programs as
SoundForge, WaveLab and Cool Edit Pro.... It's the external processing of
the sounds that I have little knowledge of, but the sound to light convertor
sounds like an excellent idea. Important to know would be how "narrow" the
frequency range it reacts to can be adjusted.

The ultimate solution I had in mind was to use the triggers in a more coded
form. For example 3 consecutive triangular waves at 20Hz would trigger one
effect and 4 square waves at 25Hz would trigger another.... Don't know if
this is do-able but the more limited possibilities of the sound to light
convertor would be a welcome addition otherwise!

Chris "SpeedOne" Van Lierop