[simpits-tech] Looking for some sounds...

Brian West. simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:13:27 +0200

Chris,  I meant to reply to your message earlier as it raises some
interesting points.
To insert the sub-audible triggers should be possible with the help of a
music editing program. If you know of any recording studio in your area ask
them. My wife uses a studio and I've watched what can be done with inserting
and editing. I'll ask the engineer about this when we go in about ten days
time.
    A while back Kev Saker wrote up how he used a disco sound to light
convertor to drive an off balance motor under the seat. I don't know the
frequency range of these but
they are not expensive.
    There are a couple of ideas that suggest themselves using a sound to
light convertor.
Touch down.   You could have a pair of out of balance motors laterally
either side of the cockpit to simulate the sort of shimmy you get on touch
down.
Enemy Fire.   How about two or three solenoids banging on the rear bulhead
to simulate incoming fire. It would be sure to sharpen you up.

Probably loads more applications if you start thinking. Regards, Brian West.