[simpits-tech] MARV: Ejection Seat Relocation

Bob Phillips simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 02:33:23 -0500

> What I don't yet know for sure is if the adjustment goes strait up and
down or along the seat rails.  I think it simply rides up and down the seat
rails, but I need to find out from another Viper driver to be sure.

Marv,
  Back in 1981, I had a flight in a B model and the seat rode up and down on
the rails.  I am 5'7" and I had to run the seat up quite alot to get where I
could see good.  According to the pilot, the crew chief usually ran the
seats all the way down in the back as it was easier to get into the bird.
Not sure if that was a standard policy or something that his crew chief just
did.

Bob "Lumper" Phillips