[simpits-tech] MARV: Ejection Seat Relocation

Ken Schlote simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 20:51:08 -0700 (PDT)

--0-360550640-1033789868=:76517

 Marv De Beque wrote:

The seat height adjustment is accomplished with a toggle switch on the right
wall of the cockpit, just behind the left AUX console. The pilot will
clench his fist on top of his helmet and adjust the height so it just
touches the canopy. I am going to try doing this with an electric car seat
motor on my seat. Should work nicely since my seat and I together weigh
less than 200 - 225 lbs. The auto manufactures design those seats to handle
300 lbs.+.

What I don't yet know for sure is if the adjustment goes strait up and down
or along the seat rails. I think it simply rides up and down the seat
rails, but I need to find out from another Viper driver to be sure.

Marv
--

Marv, I had purchased the F16 trainer and it has the electric seat. It is made by Wright-Patterson Air Force base. I would guess that they made it like the real Viper. The seat raises and lowers on the rails not straight up and down.

Ken