[simpits-tech] How do you deal with temperature inside the pit?

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 22:13:32 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Albert Yung wrote:

> This is a question especially for those of you who have or planning on
> building an enclose cockpit (especially for the f16), i.e. with a
> canopy. How do you deal with temperature that will bound to build up
> within the pit?

I made sure my PC's where remote from the pit itself and that they had
their own cooling. For the pit area, I had vents down by your feet, air is
drawn in through these, and exhausted out of the back behind your head
using a couple of 12v fans.

Although you can't SEE the vents/fans, pics of the pit are at
http://www.x-plane.info/cockpit/

Roy.