[simpits-tech] How do you deal with temperature inside the pit?

Geoff simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 14:46:55 -0800 (PST)

I have 1 AC fan incoming and one outgoing. These are
variable 3 speed fans that I kind of gutted to move the
rotary switch to a more accessible location. I added a
vent grill at the bottom front and back of the cockpit
and mounted the fans on the inside.
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1038177329/ref=sr_1_1/601-4830394-3869706?asin=B00006662G

This is the fan from Target. I picked a inexpensive fan
because I planned on hacking it up. I wanted a Vorando
but @ $100 for the same fan, I really liked my little
Honeywell fans. Usually they can be found an DIY's for
really low. Target's $30 is a bit much for these. At
least at a DIY you can get the Romex wire to move the
switches, the box to mount the switches in, the vent
grates, mounting hardware, and the fans ... all for
less than the Vorando or a "bathroom fan/vent" combo
unit.

AC™ Tzeentch©
Geoff Baker
geoff@mechpit.com