[simpits-tech] F-15sim.com on Userfriendly.org

Rob Hommel simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 02:02:09 -0800

Stig

A reply from one of the regular suspects is always welcome. Prohm has done a
great job of getting the site to the stage that someone with a bit of html
experience could take over, as far as the writing side goes that task is not
a real problem for most folks but seeing as to how most of the list
membership seems to have crippled their hands in some kind of freak power
tool accident. I just don't know where we will find the person capable of
doing the simple stuff.

If a list member a month would take the time to write up an article on some
aspect of cockpit building we would have over 20 years of articles. If a
list member a month would write an article entitled How I spent my Summer
Vacation we would still have 20 years of articles.

Only Simpitters know what it is like to say in casual conversation, I spent
my weekend working on my 747 or my F15 like everybody on the planet does
this. What we don't do is tell each other what we did or how we did it. Our
commercial members whom we love are the ones most guilty of this. They have
resources most of the membership would kill to get a hold of but they don't
tell us how they manage to accomplish various tasks they think in terms of
company secrets and borrow from Simpits all of the time. Shame on our
corporate members how about a couple of you pitch in with  a couple of
articles?

Stig, I know that you were not planning on being the poster boy for excuses
unlimited but when can we expect to see an article from you on How I spent
my Weekend?

Keep 'em flying
Rob Hommel