[simpits-tech] CH stick/flight control feel

MysticZ simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 24 May 2002 04:28:37 -0500

paul needham wrote:

> Hi all
> I have been working on a control/feel system without using
> springs/hydrolics etc and have come up with the following.

My plan is similar, but a little more complicated. A cylinder and piston
turned from aluminum with an o-ring on the piston. There's a needle
valve at the end of the cylinder to adjust the resistance. With enough
creative electronics and programming it's possible to control the needle
valve with a stepper or servo so the resistance could be changed by the
software. Higher airspeed = more resistance. One of these years I'll
have a place to put my pit and might actually get something
accomplished.
--
Steve
lt1_z28@swbell.net http://www.mysticz28.org/