[simpits-tech] CH stick/flight control feel

paul needham simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 24 May 2002 06:52:02 +0000

<DIV>I have been working on a control/feel system without using springs/hydrolics etc and have come up with the following.</DIV>
<DIV>This is a DIYers dream ! cheap , free for me I had the bits !</DIV>
<DIV>Take a piece of 40mm plastic pipe&nbsp;make a piston from a piece of 15mm&nbsp;dowel two plywood washers( nice fit in pipe )&nbsp; fastened to the dowel either side of a piston made from foam used in the UK for lagging copper pipes. </DIV>
<DIV>The foam for 15mm pipes is a tight fit in 40mm plastic pipe , with a piston made from a&nbsp;100mm length&nbsp; of foam I cannot push it down the pipe with 50mm it moves smoothly.</DIV>
<DIV>There is no tension when the system is at rest and the force can be tailored to your needs by the size of the foam&nbsp;piston.</DIV>
<DIV>I may then put a bungee on with just enough pull to slowly move the piston.</DIV>
<DIV>regards paul</DIV>