AW: AW: [simpits-tech] First milestone...

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 6 May 2002 15:30:00 -0700 (PDT)

> Right now I am thinking about which dimensions I should go for (which
> section of the aircraft I will actually "cut out") and of which material I
> should build the fuselage. One of my helping hands recommends going for
> fibreglass, the other for a structure like Wombat but with metal planking -
> I am caught within the middle ;)

If you're building a fighter, you want to go about 3" forward of the front
windscreen edge to abou 6" aft of the canopy hinge.  If you're doing a
commercial people mover, then you want to go aft to the cockpit door. :)

Use TurboCAD to design it.  It's cheap and easy to use.

g.