[simpits-tech] American Fighter Pilot

Rob Hommel simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 01:08:09 -0800

Justin

Gene and myself discussed the show quite a bit today around the shop. We
even talked a bit about the sim and the performance of the Eagle VS Tomcat.
Were you listening in on our conversation?? If you compare specs alone the
Eagle has the edge on the Tomcat.

The simulator was quite impressive anyone have a copy of the software they
were running, I am certain that given enough money Gene and I could
reproduce the projection system it was a rear projection system, They gave a
brief glimpse of the three color projectors prior to the clam shell being
closed.

I was disappointed with the attitude of "Who will be Top Gun?" That was
getting to be too much of the "Survivor" style show that Hollywood seems
enamored with lately.

I however think that we were looking at week one of 110 weeks maybe boner 5
will be able to relocate his cranium. This coming week we get to see the
proper way to use a "Barf Bag" be demonstrated in flight. Who will get "to
examine his breakfast". (D0
 First Flights are coming up for those who did pass both the Sim and the
Academics. The film is really enjoyable there are lots of cuts to aircraft
in flight, I am looking forward to seeing more of the pilots lounge footage
there is a pool game fighter pilots play that I am interested in seeing in
action.

Keep 'em Flying
Rob Hommel