[simpits-tech] American Fighter Pilot

Justin Messenger simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 00:18:13 -0800 (PST)

I enjoyed the show. I bet Gene liked it even better,
being an F-15 nut and all.

I'd love to get my hands on the F-15 sim they showed,
I was particularly interested in the visual system it
had. it looked like 5 projection screens were attached
to the sim to provide an all around view.

I bet the young kid gets washed out of the program
next week, he was way behind the aircraft in the sim
rides. The instructor sure didn't seem impressed with
him.

Tonight the history channel had a great 14 Tomcat
show. I'd love to see some stats on past F-14 vs F-15
engagements and how the crews flew their respective
aircraft to try and get the upper hand. I bet if you
put the nose of the Tomcat down with its wings swept
back it accelerates better than the F-15. Little tid
bits like like that are sure to play a huge part in
determining the outcome of a dogfight. I find those
kind of tactics based on individual aircraft capacity
very interesting.

Justin