[simpits-tech] Dual Joysticks - MSFS 2002

Kel Jeffries simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 14:59:24 -0300

I'm in the process of building the collective and cyclic for my pit, but
I'm a bit stumped on how to get two joysticks to work together in FS
2002.  I like the precision of my regular joystick but need to move the
throttle and rudder to stand-alone components.  I've got a couple pots
(slider and rotary) and would like to simply combine them with my
primary joystick except it's USB (as opposed to the joystick I
cannibalized for my parts).

My ideal solution would be to have the collective/rudder pedals
connected full-time to the pit and hook up the joystick/cyclic when I
was actually flying (I <ahem> sometimes enjoy the occasional game on my
main system and need a joystick there as well).  I could buy a new USB
joystick and simply gut it for ALL the parts I need, but I figure if I
can save a little here and there I can always put the money towards
other things (like stepper motors to drive gauges).

Oh yeah... back to my question: is there any way to get FS2002 to read
two joysticks concurrently?  Junction box/Patch cables??  Anything?

Kel