[simpits-tech] Hardware Solutions (WAS: EPIC or ???)

simpits-tech@simpits.org simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:21:43 +1200 (NZST)

A company I work for is about to announce/release a product I have been
working on.

It is modules that is driven over the serial port, you can chain multiple
units together, they share comms and power.  Each unit has a preconfigured
roll as one of the following:

1. Seven segment display controller ( controls 15 digits and allows 2 or 3
rotary encoder inputs)
2. Digital Input module 112 digit inputs
3. Analog Input module 5 analog inputs, 48 digit inputs.
4. RC servo controller (Using pulse width modulation)
5. Stepper motor control
6. Output controller 24 lamps/motors/leds.

About 250(ish) modules can be chained together.

As an example the 7 segment display controller will be about US$100 (Yet to be
confirmed, price may vary by $10 or so)

There is no soldiering, no programming and no scripting required.

Configuration is completely GUI based, but a full protocol specification is
available for those how like to write their own software.

At this stage it only supports MS FS, but that is only because nobody has
asked for another software package. As soon as someone asks for X-Plane, or
Fly, or Falcon4, then they will get the development team to produce something
for that product.

The business selling these modules is currently ramping up for production,
confirming pricing and is putting a product web site together as we speak, I
will be able to say more in a few days time.