[simpits-tech] Head tracking

Alan D. Mazurka simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:14:00 -0500

--=====================_839660==_.ALT

hi, Chris

when you wear a VR headset, you cannot see your outside world, or your
cockpit in this case.

this might be a good idea if you only have a HOTAS and no cockpit at all.

if you have to reach for a certain panel-mounted switch, it could get quite
comical.

  - adm -

At 05:34 PM 2/14/02 +0100, you wrote:

>Maybe it's not expensive, but it sure is a lot of money ;-)
>Still much cheaper than an average projector, and the immersion factor
>should even be greater!? I'd sure want to try one before I buy one.... Might
>give some headache problems if worn to long in a row?
>
>groeten,
>Chris "SpeedOne" Van Lierop

----------

Alan D. Mazurka                    Webspace Design & Implementation
adm.design@verizon.net

--=====================_839660==_.ALT

hi, Chris<br><br>
when you wear a VR headset, you cannot see your outside world, or your
cockpit in this case.<br><br>
this might be a good idea if you only have a HOTAS and no cockpit at
all.<br><br>
if you have to reach for a certain panel-mounted switch, it could get
quite comical.<br><br>
&nbsp;- adm -<br><br>
At 05:34 PM 2/14/02 +0100, you wrote:<br><br>
sure is a lot of money ;-)<br>
Still much cheaper than an average projector, and the immersion
factor<br>
should even be greater!? I'd sure want to try one before I buy one....
Might<br>
give some headache problems if worn to long in a row?<br><br>
groeten,<br>
Chris &quot;SpeedOne&quot; Van Lierop<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
<hr>
Alan D.
Mazurka&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Webspace Design &amp; Implementation<br>
adm.design@verizon.net&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>