[simpits-tech] Head tracking

c.vanlierop simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:20:07 +0100

> when you wear a VR headset, you cannot see your outside world, or your
> cockpit in this case.
>
> this might be a good idea if you only have a HOTAS and no cockpit at all.
>
> if you have to reach for a certain panel-mounted switch, it could get
quite
> comical.

Very true indeed. That's why I would stick with Prohms suggestion to only
use the HMD in case of dogfight where switch flipping is pretty much limited
to the HOTAS anyway, and for general orientation (f.e. lining up with the
runway as you approach, or identifying targets off boresight).

Ideal would be a projector with head tracking capabilities, but then there's
that thing about a budget and such... ;-)

Chris "SpeedOne" Van Lierop