[simpits-tech] Need an electronics wizz!

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 23:16:33 +1300

At 11:58 AM 12/29/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi there Sean
>
>Usually these wires are - RGB and one for V or H sync, I'll have to check,
>but if it's so you can get a monitor cable that converts Dsub15 ( regular
>monitor ) to BNC ( high end monitors use it ) and then just cut the ends
>and figure which of the wires is the H or V, if its a normal cable you will
>have a Red, Green, Blue then Black for Horizontal sync and White for
>Vertical sync. the old ones had only V or H.
>
>Ido

Geez that was quick!

Now just to confuse things a little, the color coding on the signal
connectors is red/blue/black/white....
Oh, and I forgot to mention, it's a monochrome (green) display....

I hadn't thought of the RGB cable... I may even have one, I have a 17"
display with RGB BNC's on it....

Thanks Ido, I am continually amazed at the knowledge that is in our little
old community!

Sean.