[simpits-tech] Need an electronics wizz!

Ido Dekkers simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 12:41:46 +0200

maybe this can help :
http://www.ionpool.net/arcade/tech/bw_vector_monitor_faq.pdf

Ido

             Sean
             Galbraith
             <sean.g@pa                                                 To
             radise.net         simpits-tech@simpits.org
             .nz>                                                       cc
             Sent by:
             simpits-te                                            Subject
             ch-admin@s         Re: [simpits-tech] Need an electronics
             impits.org         wizz!

             12/29/2002
             12:16 PM

               Please
             respond to
             simpits-te
             ch@simpits
                .org

At 11:58 AM 12/29/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi there Sean
>
>Usually these wires are - RGB and one for V or H sync, I'll have to check,
>but if it's so you can get a monitor cable that converts Dsub15 ( regular
>monitor ) to BNC ( high end monitors use it ) and then just cut the ends
>and figure which of the wires is the H or V, if its a normal cable you
will
>have a Red, Green, Blue then Black for Horizontal sync and White for
>Vertical sync. the old ones had only V or H.
>
>Ido

Geez that was quick!

Now just to confuse things a little, the color coding on the signal
connectors is red/blue/black/white....
Oh, and I forgot to mention, it's a monochrome (green) display....

I hadn't thought of the RGB cable... I may even have one, I have a 17"
display with RGB BNC's on it....

Thanks Ido, I am continually amazed at the knowledge that is in our little
old community!

Sean.