[simpits-tech] Need an electronics wizz!

Ido Dekkers simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 11:58:02 +0200

Hi there Sean

Usually these wires are - RGB and one for V or H sync, I'll have to check,
but if it's so you can get a monitor cable that converts Dsub15 ( regular
monitor ) to BNC ( high end monitors use it ) and then just cut the ends
and figure which of the wires is the H or V, if its a normal cable you will
have a Red, Green, Blue then Black for Horizontal sync and White for
Vertical sync. the old ones had only V or H.

Ido

             Sean
             Galbraith
             <sean.g@pa                                                 To
             radise.net         Simpits List <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
             .nz>                                                       cc
             Sent by:
             simpits-te                                            Subject
             ch-admin@s         [simpits-tech] Need an electronics wizz!
             impits.org

             12/29/2002
             11:24 AM

               Please
             respond to
             simpits-te
             ch@simpits
                .org

I have a couple of these really nice little CRT's, that came out of old
Sanyo portable PC's (early 90's vintage) which are the perfect size for the

DU's (that's "display units", or MPD/MFD for non-Skyhawk
speakers).  Problem is; I don't know what the signal type is that feeds
them :(  there is a 9 wire connector on the back, 2 for power, 3 for
brightness control, and 4 for signal.  Is there any possibility of me being

able to match this to any kind of modern output, VGA/RGB/SVideo/Composite,
or am I wasting my time?

Oh, and what do you think of my first home cooked DU bezel, made out of
1.5mm aluminium, and punched using the presses at work.  The knobs are
turned ali rod.

Sean.
*** eSafe scanned this email for malicious content ***
*** IMPORTANT: Do not open attachments from unrecognized senders  ***