[simpits-tech] working headsets the way to go s/w here !

Andreas Fransson simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 13:48:40 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C23AF4.79D10D50

Paul/all,

I tried out the trial version of GC a couple of years ago, and found it =
very useful. Not like having real knobs and switches, but way better =
than keyboard. Especially for spoken commands like the radio.

It's also a source of great fun for the people around you. Trust me on =
that one..... ;))

Andreas
http://valhallainc.d2g.com

  From: paul needham=20
  Hi all

  I have been GameCommander2 with a cheap headset/mic and it is =
wonderful , it allows me to control anything in the sim by speaking and =
having the words translated into key strokes.
  I downloaded the demo which only allows 5 commands and 1 keystroke per =
command ,after seeing a reference on another site as to how it helps =
imersion and frees up your hands for other tasks.
  There web site does say it won't work well with my sound card but I =
have had no problems.
  http://www.gamecommander.com/
  Well I was skeptical until I had got it programmed to do a couple of =
functions in Battle of Britain , dead easy programming GUI is very easy =
to use , well it was so good I got the full retail version.
  I can now talk all the radio commands , this adds greatly to my =
enjoyment of the sim especially as I can now hack the code to remove the =
on screen radio menu and the sim voice for that command and appear to be =
talking to the tower/squad mates and getting replies back. It will also =
allow 'press to speak' allowing it to be used with Roger Wilco  and they =
seem to have a reasonable help/technical forum on there web site.
  Rating good product , nice features.    =20
  regards paul

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C23AF4.79D10D50

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Paul/all,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I tried out the trial version of GC a couple of =
years ago,=20
and&nbsp;found it very useful. Not like having real knobs and switches, =
but way=20
better than keyboard. Especially for spoken commands like the=20
radio.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>It's also a source of great fun for the people =
around you.=20
Trust me on that one..... ;))</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Andreas<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://valhallainc.d2g.com">http://valhallainc.d2g.com</A><BR></F=
ONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dpaul_needham60@hotmail.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:paul_needham60@hotmail.com">paul needham</A> </DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>Hi all</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I have been GameCommander2 with a cheap headset/mic and it is =
wonderful ,=20
  it allows me to control anything in the sim by speaking and having the =
words=20
  translated into key strokes.</DIV>
  <DIV>I downloaded the demo which only allows 5 commands and 1 =
keystroke per=20
  command ,after seeing&nbsp;a reference on another site&nbsp;as&nbsp;to =
how it=20
  helps imersion and frees up your hands for other tasks.</DIV>
  <DIV>There web site does say it won't work well with my sound card but =
I have=20
  had no problems.</DIV>
  <DIV><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.gamecommander.com/">http://www.gamecommander.com/</A><=
/DIV>
  <DIV>Well I was skeptical until I had got it programmed to do a couple =
of=20
  functions in Battle of Britain , dead easy&nbsp;programming GUI is =
very easy=20
  to use , well it&nbsp;was so good I got the full retail version.</DIV>
  <DIV>I can now talk all the radio commands , this adds greatly to my =
enjoyment=20
  of the sim especially as I can now hack the code to remove the on =
screen radio=20
  menu and the sim voice for that command and appear to be talking to =
the=20
  tower/squad mates and getting replies back. It will also allow 'press =
to=20
  speak' allowing it to be used with Roger Wilco&nbsp; and they seem to =
have a=20
  reasonable help/technical forum on there web site.</DIV>
  <DIV>Rating good product , nice =
features.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>regards paul</DIV></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C23AF4.79D10D50--