[simpits-tech] working headsets the way to go s/w here !

paul needham simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 03 Aug 2002 08:35:01 +0000

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have been GameCommander2 with a cheap headset/mic and it is wonderful , it allows me to control anything in the sim by speaking and having the words translated into key strokes.</DIV>
<DIV>I downloaded the demo which only allows 5 commands and 1 keystroke per command ,after seeing&nbsp;a reference on another site&nbsp;as&nbsp;to how it helps imersion and frees up your hands for other tasks.</DIV>
<DIV>There web site does say it won't work well with my sound card but I have had no problems.</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.gamecommander.com/">http://www.gamecommander.com/</A></DIV>
<DIV>Well I was skeptical until I had got it programmed to do a couple of functions in Battle of Britain , dead easy&nbsp;programming GUI is very easy to use , well it&nbsp;was so good I got the full retail version.</DIV>
<DIV>I can now talk all the radio commands , this adds greatly to my enjoyment of the sim especially as I can now hack the code to remove the on screen radio menu and the sim voice for that command and appear to be talking to the tower/squad mates and getting replies back. It will also allow 'press to speak' allowing it to be used with Roger Wilco&nbsp; and they seem to have a reasonable help/technical forum on there web site.</DIV>
<DIV>Rating good product , nice features.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>