[simpits-tech] WL and FS for F-16

Chris simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 05:32:50 -0400

Hello,
I have begun work on an F-16 cockpit. I started messing around with some of
the drawings and working with some of the instrument panels. I have reached
a stage that has me stumped. I managed to purchase the ERTL model and have
taken a good deal of time with the measurements. I was wondering how one
ties the positions of things on the inside of the model to the outside. I
was hoping to use Wombats drawing but it is unfinished and I am not
comfortable using it. What I am looking for is the FS/WL for the point where
the rudder floor (sorry don't know the right name) joins to the 45 degree
ramp coming up off the lower floor (this is the lowest plane in the model).
I have not seen the inside of the F-16 yet, and am concerned that the ERTL
model may not match that. Two designs I have seen on the web, do not have
the lower floor connected to the rudder floor by a 45 degree ramp. A plane
connecting the bottom of the Ejection seat rails to the rudder floor is used
instead.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks

v/r