[simpits-tech] WL and FS for F-16

Marv RR simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 07:02:18 -0400

Welcome to the nightmare.

I have measured the floor angle of the F-16A simulator at the Dayton, Ohio
Air Force Museum and it is 45 degrees.

I have some real inside panels (the vertical ones that line the sides of the
rudder floor and seat floor) from what I think is an A model.  Measuring
those yields about a 45 degree angle, too

However, I have found the ERTL model is not always correct with regard to
some measurements.

I have also found that the side console dimensions that are floating around
the WEB are also not correct.  They are close, but not exactly accurate.  I
found that out when I tried to add some real internal plastic side walls
linings and they didn't match up.  ;-(   One day you may want to add some
real parts and you'll find dimension don't match.

The ERTL model is also an A model and the front console dimensions are not
the same as the C model at all.  The A has a 15 degree rake where as the C
has a 10 degree rake.  The front cowl and glareshields are different, too.

Looking at many different pictures of real aircraft confused me with the
seat and its proximity in the aircraft.  This had me scratching my head
until I fund out that the seat is adjustable.  ;-/

Marv