[simpits-tech] Driving Resolvers

Ken Trager simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 04 Apr 2002 21:36:17 -0500

You are right - My synchros in the ADI are three wire windings
and you can not just vary the magnitude and the polarity
of the current to make the needle point anywhere on the dial!

You need to use 28 Volt 3 phase 400 CPS and change the phase alingment
between the three phases to move the synchros -
They are called transolvers two 2 wire wound stators 90 degress offset
and a 3 wire wound rotor. The Stator is powered by 26 volts and the rotor
is powered by 11.8 volts - all 400 cps power.

My two cents

Ken Trager