[simpits-tech] Driving Resolvers

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 06:39:18 -0500

That sounds like it is the resolver part of the ADI.  The resolver is
used to precisely measure the angular position of a shaft.  You are
right about the method of powering the resolver.

I don't know what they use in the ADI to actually drive the ADI
movement, but it is probably some form of DC motor that is monitored by
the resolver - my guess.  Maybe it is an all-in-one type thing.  I need
to do some more research.

Marv