[simpits-tech] Falcon 4.0 with motion sim

Volker Metzger simpits-tech@simpits.org
08 Jan 2000 02:28 GMT

--__Next_947298519_Part42__

Hi to all,
>=20
> instead try to built a motion simulation platform by yourself better use =
hardware from a rock n ride chair.
> I have started in late summer 2001 to  built a f-16 pit who works ( its 5=
0 % finished) with the motion chair.
> Here a the specs:
> - around 60 leds with 2 mm 5541 led driver chips  who works with the grea=
t lightdriver program from Rob Favre=20
> - Keyboard encoders: Hagstrom KE 72 and a hacked cherry progammable keybo=
ard in the future
> - Motion: modified rock n ride who interacts with falcon 4.0 SP2
>   (using pitch and roll data from the the shared memory to get  motion da=
ta )
> - Sound: loudspeaker and transducer for vibration
> - visuals: fresnel lens =20
> I send the whole story and a lot of pics to the simpits website. =20
>=20
> (If you looking for cheap knobs who looks good do a trip to a car cemeter=
y. I have found there =20
> nice knobs who fit perfect to the pit and paid only 3 $ for 6 sharp looki=
ng knobs.)
>=20
>=20
> Volker

--__Next_947298519_Part42__

<head>
e">
</head>
Hi to all,
&gt;=20
&gt; instead try to built a motion simulation platform by yourself better u=
se hardware from a rock n ride chair.
&gt; I have started in late summer 2001 to  built a f-16 pit who works ( it=
s 50 % finished) with the motion chair.
&gt; Here a the specs:
&gt; - around 60 leds with 2 mm 5541 led driver chips  who works with the g=
reat lightdriver program from Rob Favre=20
&gt; - Keyboard encoders: Hagstrom KE 72 and a hacked cherry progammable ke=
yboard in the future
&gt; - Motion: modified rock n ride who interacts with falcon 4.0 SP2
&gt;   (using pitch and roll data from the the shared memory to get  motion=
 data )
&gt; - Sound: loudspeaker and transducer for vibration
&gt; - visuals: fresnel lens =20
&gt; I send the whole story and a lot of pics to the simpits website. =20
&gt;=20
&gt; (If you looking for cheap knobs who looks good do a trip to a car ceme=
tery. I have found there =20
&gt; nice knobs who fit perfect to the pit and paid only 3 $ for 6 sharp lo=
oking knobs.)
&gt;=20
&gt;=20
&gt; Volker