[simpits-tech] falcon 4.0 with motion

Volker Metzger simpits-tech@simpits.org
07 Jan 2000 18:20 GMT

Hi to all,

instead try to built a motion simulation platform by yourself better use hardware from a rock n ride chair.
I have started in late summer 2001 to  built a f-16 pit who works ( its 50 % finished) with the motion chair.
Here a the specs:
- around 60 leds with 2 mm 5541 led driver chips  who works with the great lightdriver program from Rob Favre
- Keyboard encoders: Hagstrom KE 72 and a hacked cherry progammable keyboard in the future
- Motion: modified rock n ride who interacts with falcon 4.0 SP2
  (using pitch and roll data from the the shared memory to get  motion data )
- Sound: loudspeaker and transducer for vibration
- visuals: fresnel lens
I send the whole story and a lot of pics to the simpits website.

(If you looking for cheap knobs who looks good do a trip to a car cemetery. I have found there
nice knobs who fit perfect to the pit and paid only 3 $ for 6 sharp looking knobs.)

Volker