[simpits-chat] Tech...

Roy Coates simpits-chat@simpits.org
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:24:04 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Gene Buckle wrote:

> I've _yet_ to see one of those package dependantcies(sp) not listed in the
> install documentation.  If you have a problem, it's because you didn't
> RTFM.

Very true. But then I (like everyone else) only RTFM afterwards!

> > Unix is still too complicated to get folks to switch from windows. Crappy
> > installers and a directory tree that is ridiculously outdated and over
> > complicated. One day, maybe one day it'll finally get reworked.
> >
> It'll never become that mainstream unfortunately.  People are too damn
> lazy to bother with something that might make them think for once.  If
> they can't have it done for them, it's not worth doing.  Pfft.

Hmmm, true - but to get *nix accepted by the lazy majority, it does need a
major rethink imho.  Bear in mind that for most people, a computer is a
tool - they don't wanna become computer wizards just to write a letter.

Royyy.

(No 2c this time, but you got an extra 2 y's)