[GEM Development] Driver find

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 05:14:57 PDT 2015

On 17 April 2015 at 19:36, Ben A L Jemmett <ben at jemmett.me.uk> wrote:
> It has the honour of having drawn first blood during my spring-cleaning efforts last week - I somehow managed to slice my knuckle open on the back edge of the case...

Shame you didn't do that while troubleshooting the SCSI bus. That
often needs blood sacrifice.

> (Still kicking myself for not taking the dead Classic (?) that was in your garage; Rob M tells me they have a known and easily-repairable failure mode.  Mutter mutter.)

I'm trying to remember which of the compact Macs is left.

I *think* I gave my Classic II to Mark Morgan Lloyd down in Brighton,
who took a lot of kit. It had bad caps on the motherboard -- a very
common complaint with old machines. Easily repaired /if/ you can
solder PCB components, including, I fear, SMT ones.

I cannot.

I believe I still have the SE/30 which I would really like to get
working and keep, TBH.

Most of the classic Macs went in the end. What's left -- a G3 desktop
(semi working), a G3 tower (also semi working), a G4 tower (died
mysteriously while prepping to give away -- I think the fix is
trivial), my fully-working Dual G5 PowerMac with Tiger (+ Classic) &
Leopard.

BTW, anyone on this list might well enjoy the ClassicCmp lists:
http://classiccmp.org/