[GEM Development] More about GEM's and wiki's future

Michael Bernstein pcgem at mbernstein.de
Sun Jan 11 01:40:42 PST 2009

Hi José,

> You're right, the documentation in http://toshyp.atari.org/ is quite
> complete (just a few german translation problems) and I have seen that it
> includes FreeGEM additions,
>
> But my question is: who will update, or how will they be updated if there
> are further improvements or corrections to make?

toshyp is set under GPL from its origin author. It is written in a meta
language (UDO) which gives you to possibility to generate many output
formats like HTML, Atari ST-Guide, WinHelp, RTF, ...

The sources are hosted in a CVS. So you dont have to ask the webmaster
to make changes. You can ask for write accesss to the repository and
than start to add changes.

I think, there are not much people who want to change a programming
reference.

I give you a deep link into my homepage for a description how to
access the CVS:

http://atari.mbernstein.de/prog/projekte/mb_prj/tos_hyp/index.htm

The text is in german, but i hope you can find the informations about
how to access the CVS.

I got the feeling, there is a misunderstanding. I dont speak about all
aspects of documentation. I speak only about a API reference if i
point t o exisiting docu which will help to spare time and work.

Best regards,
Michael