[GEM Development] More about GEM's and wiki's future

Michael Bernstein pcgem at mbernstein.de
Sun Jan 11 01:52:41 PST 2009

Hi Dennis,

> I don't see why there is so much pro/contra discussion about the wiki.

It seems, nobody really has seen, that i dont give contras against a
wiki. Maybe because it is difficult for me to find the right words in
english? I point only to the fact, that a developer API description is
present and maybe need only a little additional work. To use this
existing document will give you more time to write other documentations
or write software, ...

>       * What is GEM?
>       * What can I do with it?
>       * How do I install it?
>       * Which versions are available?
>       * Who's already doing what?
>       * Where can I find development documentation?
>
> That last page would then just contain downloads and links to the
> already present documents. No big deal and no needless discussion.

This is the same what i suggest. You idea will reuse the existing
development documentation and dont do the same work again and still
focus to write additional documents. And thats exactly what i also
want to do. But i have let it open how to publish this doku, wiki
or something else.

Best regards
Michael