[GEM Development] Updated Minimal FreeGEM

Lyrical Nanoha lyricalnanoha at dosius.ath.cx
Mon May 15 21:50:22 PDT 2006

OK, this isn't official or anything to anyone, myself included.

I've updated the files on my site, I really gotta make a page for this and
give the thing an official name.

   http://www.dosius.ath.cx/~andi/ufgemsrc.zip <-- for GPL compliance.
   http://www.dosius.ath.cx/~andi/ufgembin.zip <-- binary distribution.

I've redone the thing, it has a basic working desktop.inf with drive A:
and C: installed, and no longer needs to be extracted to c:\ and make
c:\gemapps\gemsys

OTOH, the install is a little more complex: Make a new folder and extract
the file there, then, in that folder, run this command:

   RESDIR GEM.RS0 GEM.RSC

Then it's all ready to run by typing GEMVDI.  I think this should work.  I
added Owen Rudge's OUTPUT.  Anything else you think I should include?

At any rate, my plan is to make a base distro that is purely GPL and has
all its source, and is pretty much extract and go.  Possibly I might look
into making a virtual FreeDOS+FreeGEM floppy and going from there.

-uso.