[GEM Development] GEM/XM VDI source

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Mon May 15 02:23:32 PDT 2006

: Anyway, I've tidied up my build tree and made sure no random experiments
: have slipped in, so these files should contain the up-to-date binaries and
: source:

  Thanks for that. I've posted updated versions of the AES and GDOS at
<http://www.seasip.info/Gem/gemxm.html> with the following new features:

* GEM/3 directory structure, ie it expects to be installed in
 \GEMAPPS\GEMSYS.
* Full menu_click support; if you use it with my latest Desktop, the "click
 to drop down menus" setting should be enabled. As part of this, the version
 number reported by appl_init() has increased from 0x300 to 0x301.
* The shell info buffer is initialised to zeroes, which should get drive
 detection working.
* The scrap directory is correctly passed from the AES to the VDI, rather
 than being hardcoded.

--
------------- http://www.seasip.demon.co.uk/index.html --------------------
John Elliott           |BLOODNOK: "But why have you got such a long face?"