[GEM Development] GEM/XM VDI source

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Tue May 9 01:42:15 PDT 2006

: A dark suspicion is growing in my mind that programs have
: been hardcoding it; certainly wordplus.app and publisher.app contain the
: string C:\GEMSCRAP.

  I think I can see what's going on. Wordplus calls scrp_read() to get the
path to the clipboard. If it isn't there (which on GEM/1 and GEM/2 it
wouldn't be) it creates x:\GEMSCRAP (if it isn't there already) and then
calls scrp_write() to tell GEM to use that directory.
  If XM is to handle the clipboard properly, it needs (a) to set the
clipboard folder like GEM/3 does, and (b) pass any scrp_write() call on to
the VDI so the VDI knows the new clipboard path.

--
John Elliott