[GEM Development] Quickmap

Ben A L Jemmett ben.jemmett at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Sep 19 22:59:31 PDT 2005

> AND a whole
> 'nother app. - which MAY not be a GEM one - called
> QuickText. It is claimed to be some sort of database.

It's not a GEM app, but appears to be written in the same language -- MegaBasic,
according to strings found in QuickText's RUN.EXE (and also, now I look more
carefully, in QuickMap's QM400.EXE).  Interesting...  So was QuickMap's AES
written in a BASIC dialect?  And who would have put the bulk of the effort into
a port -- DRI presumably?

A bit of Googling turns up <http://www.timeslice.ca/megabas.html>, which
mentions Chris Cochran -- the same name appears in both runtimes...  Wonder if
it's worth contacting him; either someone spent a lot of time and effort on
QuickMap, or this MegaBasic could produce GEM apps with relative ease.  Maybe.

--
Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.