[GEM Development] GEMWeb with ADSL or Cable

Heinz Rath heinz.rath at gmx.at
Wed Jul 14 23:28:16 PDT 2004

hi

i am not completly sure if i correctly understood what
Armand mean.
You can use GEMWeb to surf internet also with ADSL of Cable
the only thing is you need is that your cable or adsl modem is
connected threw a network card with your computer. For USB adsl
modems i have no solution.

For example i am using cable. The trick do it is to simple
use a pktdrvr for dos. that's it nothing more to do at least
for me as i have a fixed ip. If you have a dynamic ip you would
habe to search for a dhcp client.

there is a little update for GEMWeb needed. you can download it
here.
http://www.geocities.com/heinz_rath/gemwupd.zip

here you can find some packet drivers
http://www.crynwr.com/drivers/00index.html

you can also use the msclient network to surf with gemweb. i think
i have here still a mail on my harddisk which describes how it
works...(i think the file protocol.ini needs change) i will search
it out if you need it.

the trick is simply set packet interrupt to 0x60
and then make this changes to wattcp.cfg
IP=x.x.x.x
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=x.x.x.x
NAMESERVER=x.x.x.x