[GEM Development] test for my new mailing program

Ben A L Jemmett ben.jemmett at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Apr 3 18:20:00 PST 2004

> It's also insecure as hell and prone to every new virus that comes
> along.

Really?  Hmm.  I see plenty of viruses turn up in my mail, but haven't been
infected by any of them.  Probably because this is a current/currentish
version and I've always fiddled with the security settings.  Come to think of
it, the current version comes with pretty safe defaults (no scripting in HTML
mail etc., attachments that smell executable are off limits), but I turned off
HTML mail entirely just in case.

I didn't like Thunderbird when I tried it earlier in the year; not sure why.
Most of the OE's irritations for me are actually down to a slow connection
(IMAP is a bit laggy basically).  Firefox is growing on me as a browser;
compared to IE, each of them is about as unstable as the other, but Firefox
currently in the more annoying way.  I am considering switching browser and
mail/news client in a few months though once I've got through my exams and I
get a new machine for work, so we shall see.

Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.
(http://web.ukonline.co.uk/ben.jemmett/, http://www.deltasoft.com/)