[GEM Development] G-GUI

Thomas Clayton topcatdrc at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 19:53:02 PDT 2008

Dear Georg:
(Note: no "e" at the end! :-)  )

> interface is interrupt based just like the DOS functions
GEM, also, is interrupt-based utilizing Software IRQ 67 (?)
(I /may be/ mis-remembering the precise number. This one could be the exPanded Memory Specification IRQ but GEM DOES use one.)

> provides GUI functions for all programs loaded.
While GEM does this, it does REQUIRE (currently!) LOTs (a great quantity) of RAM to do it.

Also, GEM includes a limited multi-THREADING "kernel". (ONLY a single 'app' can run BUT several 'threads' MUST be able to run together e.g. mouse, Kbd, desktop util.s, window update.)

I think WE (GEM-DEV.ers) should take a GOOD look at your G-GUI
and
you should take a 'peek' at GEM - and its many App.s (all free!).
(I say 'peek', as in a glance, not necessarily a deep look.  You've got that WONDERFUL DOS USB driver 'suite' to work on! )

BTW, Did you attempt to attach something to your letter, that the list-server STRIPPED off? (see below)

Sincerely,

Thomas Clayton