[GEM Development] (no subject)

Shane Martin Coughlan shane at shaneland.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 02:00:28 PDT 2008

Hi David

david johnson wrote:
> Appears that my interest in the FreeGem project may be a bit late.
> However, I've continued my experiments with FreeGem, and think I have
> made some progress. I've made a number of updates to my ports of bywater
> basic and 4th and have quickly tested them at different screen
> resolutions using Shane's distribution in a dosbox emulation. I have
> uploaded the file sources individually this time to
> http://www.geocities.com/zaojashin/freegem.html  Seems to work okay.
> However, the general precautions should be taken more seriously in this
> case as I have neither a professional nor an educational background in
> programming (this is a hobby). Any comments, corrections, or complaints
> can be sent to my e-mail address above. Thanks

I just wanted to apologise for being quiet.  My professional work is
keeping me really busy.

Can you explain in detail what applications and changes you are making?

OpenGEM 7 is just about ready.  I never quite finished it, but perhaps
we could work together for a few hours to make sure your new
applications will run on it and then release jointly later this year.

(OpenGEM 6 is in FreeDOS 1.0.  My site only has the older OpenGEM 5).

Shane