[GEM Development] USA Members and GEM Materials

Shane M. Coughlan shane at shaneland.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 06:57:59 PDT 2007

Peter R Green wrote:
> There was even someone in the next suburb to me, whose name I forget.
> Unfortunately my last laptop suffered a Diet Coke-related mishap (my
> wife caught her foot in the cable when turning to walk away after
> handing me a drink) and I have not been able yet to persuade Thunderbird
> to vomit up several years' worth of e-mails and addresses copied across
> from the rescued hard drive. Would that someone would create a simple
> merge utility! It always seems to me to be a lot easier to nuke one and
> replace it with the other than to pull what already existed into what
> has now been created.

Sorry about your laptop problem.  My suggestion is to take the old
profile and load it in a mail client you don't use as your primary one
(perhaps you could download a copy of Mobility Email or something) and
then copy all of the emails and folders into a single folder called
'oldmails'.  In your normal desktop email client create a folder called
'oldmails' as well.

Now, just copy *that* folder from the temporary email client into the
normal desktop client profile, restart, and you should have all the old
emails.

Shane