[GEM Development] USA Members and GEM Materials

Peter R Green pspete1 at pnc.com.au
Thu Mar 15 06:52:05 PDT 2007

G'day, all!

It's a pity that we didn't keep better records of how to contact each
other. We've lost a few interesting people along the way. Robert Avis,
Freya, Armand, a few German chaps...

There was even someone in the next suburb to me, whose name I forget.
Unfortunately my last laptop suffered a Diet Coke-related mishap (my
wife caught her foot in the cable when turning to walk away after
handing me a drink) and I have not been able yet to persuade Thunderbird
to vomit up several years' worth of e-mails and addresses copied across
from the rescued hard drive. Would that someone would create a simple
merge utility! It always seems to me to be a lot easier to nuke one and
replace it with the other than to pull what already existed into what
has now been created.

The consequence is that far more has disappeared than I am comfortable with.

I hope Davey can be retrieved from wherever he has been filed.

Peter