[GEM Development] USA Members and GEM Materials

Peter R Green pspete1 at pnc.com.au
Thu Mar 15 12:47:29 PDT 2007

Good suggestion -- I'll try it. Thanks.

I was beginning to think that it was time to upgrade, probably after The
Big Trip next month. But I had hoped to have a laptop to sell on e-bay
rather than a collection of retrieved parts. Anyway, I now have a nice
new Toshiba with a bigger hard disk than I've ever had in a desktop
machine, so I'm not unhappy in that respect. My only complaint is that
the numeric overlay keys are almost illegibly marked -- small blue
characters on the edges of the dark grey keys. You need a torch and
magnifying glass.

We'll be passing through Zürich on 17 April, but as part of a tour, so
unfortunately I doubt that we will get an opportunity to seek you out on
Sumatrastrasse, but if I see any signs about open software, I'll wave in
their general direction, just in case.

Cheers,

Peter