[GEM Development] Talking of interesting screenshots...

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 19:59:26 PST 2005

: Thing is, I was an Acorn user and quondam owner, back in the day,
: and I recall the 80186 copro machines coming with DOS+. It wasn't
: terribly MS-DOS compatible but then the Acorn hardware wasn't terribly
: PC-compatible either, so it didn't matter too much, was cheaper to
: license, & offered some theoretical technical advantages.

: I'm not saying there was never a CDOS port - you have some interesting
: leads there - but I never saw or even heard of it, whereas I am positive
: the boxes shipped with DOS+. I can try and find some references for
: this, if you'd like...?

  <Google google>

  It looks quite possible that the ABC 300 series never got past the
prototype.
  <http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?selm=cbuckley.697077271%40unix1.tcd.ie>
  <http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c=990>

  And those would have been the ones that ran CDOS rather than DOS Plus.

--
John Elliott