[GEM Development] SETTING.APP update

Shane M. Coughlan shane_coughlan at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 26 09:25:16 PDT 2005

veganalex wrote:
>you know - I'm 13, nd i only started using OpenGEM yesterday - I dunno
>why I want to be able to use it though - it aint like it's an OS from
>my childhood. I suppose I just like knowing more about computers.

Wow!  You're pretty young :P

Welcome to the OpenGEM community, and thanks for subscribing to the
FreeGEM Delvelopment mailing list.  It's great to have you on board.

I'd say OpenGEM is a pretty good way to learn about graphical user
interfaces (GUIs).  It's small enough to be able to understand quickly,
but powerful enough to teach you a lot about what goes on behind bigger
projects like Windows, Gnome, KDE and MacOS X.  What we all want to do
is roughly the same: provide a graphical way to do stuff on computers.

What version of OpenGEM do you use?  Core, Complete or Experimental?

Regards

Shane