[GEM Development] [Fwd: Re: Bugs (or things that could be fixed)

Shane M. Coughlan shane_coughlan at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 14 19:05:26 PDT 2005

John Elliott wrote:

>Yes; the auto-arrange (borrowed from GEM/1) is a trifle weird. What it
>tries to do is put newly-added drives on a line between the last existing
>drive and the trashcan; which is fine if you've got the screen laid out like
>a Mac with C: at the top right and the trash at the bottom right, but can
>look a bit bizarre in other circumstances. The original was also inclined to
>position drives off the edge of the screen; I've done a quick fix for this.
>The function to edit (if anyone has any better ideas where to put the
>drives) is ins_posdisk().

On consideration, this is not a problem at all.  I've just been playing
with changing the default desktop layout for OpenGEM (Drive C: on the
top right, Trash on bottom right), and when it opens everything is in a
neat row.  Great.  Unless someone has more than six drives.. :P

Weird note:  I have no A: drive, but it still has one appear on my desktop.

Regards

Shane