[GEM Development] [Fwd: Re: Bugs (or things that could be fixed)

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 13 20:21:18 PDT 2005

: I have begun testing this desktop.  It started correctly, and it
: detected my CD ROM drive (drive e).  Strangely, it did NOT detect my
: secondary hard drive partition (d).  Weird.  I tried to install D as
: well, and nothing happened.

  Possibly D: is already present, and its icon is off your screen or hidden
behind E:.

  I've uploaded a debug version of the Desktop at
<http://www.seasip.info/Gem/Software/deskdbg.zip>. The debug version writes
to C:\GEMAPP.LOG with details of what drives it's detected; you can use this
to determing whether it is indeed checking all drives in your system, and -
if it crashes - which drive it crashed on.

--
John Elliott