[GEM Development] DayDream (was NextGem..)

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 23:54:45 PDT 2003

: Hi John.  I was wondering what was meant too.
: Hm.  What do you think is the likelyhood of getting GEM applications to run
: on a Unix machine transparently?  Someone downloads the GEM app onto their
: little DOS formatted drive, and when they click an app DOSEMU is called, and
: loads GEM and that app?

  There have been some recent patches to DOSEMU to improve transparent
launching of DOS apps from Unix (translating Unix paths to DOSEMU paths,
that sort of thing). It should be possible to do the same for GEM apps.

: I have been thinking that this is something like
: the way I want GEM to run on my Unix project.  From your email I guess you
: are running GEM on DOSEMU (and FreeDOS?)...are there any issues with that?

  I'm using it on DOSEMU with DRDOS 6. No issues, except that on an
lredir'ed drive it's a toss-up whether or not the .ACC files get loaded or
not. But this may be because I'm running an old DOSEMU (1.0).

------------- http://www.seasip.demon.co.uk/index.html --------------------
John Elliott           |BLOODNOK: "But why have you got such a long face?"