[GEM Development] DayDream (was NextGem..)

Shane M. Coughlan shane_coughlan at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 26 22:52:48 PDT 2003

>   Please explain. A GEM VM that runs existing (x86 GEM) programs on a
> hypothetical future 32-bit GEM? Or a VM that runs Java bytecode - or some

Hi John.  I was wondering what was meant too.
Hm.  What do you think is the likelyhood of getting GEM applications to run
on a Unix machine transparently?  Someone downloads the GEM app onto their
little DOS formatted drive, and when they click an app DOSEMU is called, and
loads GEM and that app?  I have been thinking that this is something like
the way I want GEM to run on my Unix project.  From your email I guess you
are running GEM on DOSEMU (and FreeDOS?)...are there any issues with that?

Regards

Shane