[GEM Development] support system for GEM

Shane M. Coughlan shane_coughlan at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 24 22:59:33 PDT 2003

I'm planning to try and impliment a support system for OpenGEM on the
website, and using support tickets to allow people to send in their
problems.  Along with increasing the documentation for the software I think
this is the most important next step progression.

John, reports on your desktop are pretty good.  People are not getting a lot
of crashes, though the system goes down if they open, exit and open
applications too much.  I was wondering if you could release a new version
with a couple of new features sometime.  Here are my suggestions:
- I'm going to be including a REBOOT (DOS) application with OpenGEM.  It
will be REBOOT.EXE, and located in the C:\GEMAPPS\GEMSYS folder.  I was
wondering if you could have a little dialog appear when people select the
exit option in the file menu offering a choice between Exit to DOS and
Reboot?
- Ben has code in his desktop to automatically detect drives on startup.
Would it be possible to impliment that on your desktop sometime?

Regards

Shane

Website: http://www.shaneland.co.uk
Software: http://gem.shaneland.co.uk
Blog: http://www.shaneland.co.uk/personalpages/shane/blog/

Support free software!  Make a donation to OpenGEM
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=shane%40shaneland.co.uk&item_name=opengem&item_number=1&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=EUR